Monday 8 February 2010

Its been a long time..........

Hello there everyone it has been a long time since i have been on here. Anyway Dave Woods has asked me to stick some work up here to show his student up in bonney Scotland. So I'll start off with the character I'm creating for my BA (hons) Degree. I shall show some renders and then i shall show some vids abit later. Having built my model in 3DS MAx it was time to start texturing i started off with a basic texture applied and built upon this as i go.
Basic Colour and experimentation:

With this basic texture applied i started to experiment with different colours and with the aid of the Epic Games Forum (http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=716007) it was suggested that i should have different Camouflage textures Urban, Desert, Forest, Artic, Spec-Ops and a default camo which i shall probably use from my concept design.
Here is the resulting textures these are by no means finished but its giving me a better understanding how my character is coming together. No Normal, Specular, Emissive maps have yet to be applied these will be created when i done the Z-Brush work.

Concept Colours:

Urban Texture:

Forest Texture:

Artic Texture:

Desert Texture

And that is the state of play regarding the texturing so far i have put this to one side however as i wanted to get the character in-game and do a first pass on importing him into the UT3 engine. In the following post i shall show the result on how i got on :)

Oh before i forget if you want to see a more in depth look at how ive gone about creating this character go to:

http://stevenchabeaux.blogspot.com/

It would be nice to have some people following my blog and any feedback would be muchly appreciated. My blog is not up to date but im going to try to address this over the next few days im struggling to keep the blog updated as im working so hard to get the character finished asap.

No comments: